Cegelec Défense has been providing its continuous expertise in integrating solutions and systems for major Defence and Security projects for over 50 years.
Video 50 Years of Cegelec Défense (1967-2017)
Find in the video below activities and history of Cegelec Défense
Chronology of Cegelec
- 1913: Creation of Companie Générale d’Entreprises Electriques (CGEE) by Companie Générale d’Electricité (CGE) and contribution to the establishment of the French electrical network
- 1967: CGEE is the European leader electrical company
- 1971: CGEE is renamed CGEE-Alsthom, following CGE control sized by Société Générale d’Entreprises (Civil engineering, buildings, industrial works, electrical service), today VINCI
- Agreement between CGE and General Electric company and birth of GEC-Alsthom
- CGEE-Alsthom name becomes Cegelec
- 1996: With AEG-AAT purchase, Cegelec is implanted on Germany and Austria
- 1998: Purchase of Cegelec by Alstom Rachat de Cegelec par Alstom.
- 1999: Cegelec becomes Alstom Entreprise then Alstom Contracting
- 20th July 2001: Alstom Contracting is purchased under LMBO (Leverage Management Buy-Out) by its management and employees, with the support of CDC IXIS Private Equity (Caisse des depots et consignations) and of Charterhouse Capital Partners under the name Cegelec.
- In 2006, Cegelec is purchased by LBO France.
- In October 2008, Qatari Diar group (specialised in urbanistic and real estate investment and detained at 100% by the Sovereign fund (Qatar Invesment Authority) of the State of Qatar, becomes majoritary stakeholder of Cegelec.
- In April 2010, implementation of the strategic partnership between Qatari Diar and VINCI. Cegelec becomes a subsidiary of VINCI (100%). Birth of Cegelec Défense (under this name, related activities started in 1967).
- 31st December 2013 Birth of Cegelec Défense as SMI with its own juridical status, subsidiary at 100% of VINCI Energies GSS